Whether you are initiating care or providing ongoing treatment, obtaining authorizations and utilizing appropriate clinical protocols are essential to the delivery of quality care.
Medical necessity criteria
- Admission psychiatric acute hospital and sub-acute authorization criteria
- Continued stay psychiatric acute hospital and sub-acute authorization criteria
- Admission residential treatment center authorization criteria
- Continued stay residential treatment center authorization criteria
- Electroconvulsive therapy criteria for authorization
- Psychological testing criteria for authorization
SMI Assessment Form
All providers seeking an SMI evaluation should use this SMI Assessment Form. This form streamlines the processing of all SMI Evaluation requests by the SMI Processors at Magellan. Once completed by the Evaluator, the SMI Assessment Form should be sent by fax to (888) 656-2659, or scanned and e-mailed to EEMB@MagellanHealth.com. Calls to Magellan Customer Service are still acceptable. Please disregard all other SMI evaluation forms, as this form is the only acceptable form for SMI evaluations.
Single points of contact for clinical coordination
- GMHSA provider single point of contact grid (Updated: 10-25-13)
Directory of Women's Treatment Services
- Directory of Women's Treatment Services (Updated 08-08-11)
- Directory of Women's Treatment Services (Spanish) (Updated 09-08-11)
The following clinical monographs are available to download.
- Referenced EEG (50K)
- Hippotherapy (34K)
- Prometa protocol (47K)
- Vagus nerve stimulation (52K)
- Vivitrol for opiate addiction (77K)
- Coalition functioning instrument retrospective survey (50K)
- Coalition functioning instrument retrospective survey (Spanish version) (50K)
- Coalition functioning instrument survey instructions (50K)
- Coalition functioning instrument training Power Point presentation (50K)
- Community assessment training Power Point presentation (50K)
- Community readiness assessment instructions (50K)
- Community readiness assessment interview questions (50K)
- Community readiness assessment (Spanish version) (50K)
- Community readiness assessment training Power Point presentation (50K)
- Risk and protective factors training Power Point presentation (50K)
- Substance abuse data resources (50K)
- ADHS core instrument for adolescents (50K)
- ADHS core instrument for adolescents (Spanish version) (50K)
- ADHS core instrument for older adults (50K)
- ADHS core instrument for older adults (Spanish version) (50K)
- Parent-child bonding instrument (50K)
Delivering culturally competent care
At Magellan Health Services of Arizona we believe that all behavioral health care recipients must receive effective treatment in a manner that is respectful of individual preferences, needs and values. Our goal is to support our staff and network providers in delivering culturally competent care in an effective, understandable and respectful manner, compatible with service recipients' preferred language and cultural beliefs. Visit our Cultural Competecy webpage to learn more and view tools and resources.
Magellan Health Services of Arizona works with its providers to better understand various cultures and to provide services in a culturally competent manner. Click the hyperlink to view the Magellan of Arizona Cultural Competency Plan.
Accessing interpretation services:
- Magellan language service vendor directory (33KB, Sept. 2012)
- Interpretation service flow chart (18K)
- Web site access to qualified interpreters (39K)
- Interpreter request form (11K)
Provider Resource Kit
- Cultural competency resource kit (385K)
- Cultural competence: An introduction (85K)
- Cultural competence information sheets (120K)
Error resolution guide
- Error resolution guide (141K Updated: 07-11-11)
Outcomes360 is Magellan Health Services of Arizona's complete assessment and reporting program on our recovery and resiliency principles, designed to empower recipients of behavioral health services. Outcomes360 can help jump-start conversational health and strengthen alliance.
Outcomes360 is a set of free clinical tools available to all recipients or their caregivers. The tools help recipients and providers of behavioral health services work together. Each tool was created in partnership with national leaders, and was scientifically validated. Providers will suggest the best tools and timing for each recipient or caretaker, and help get them started on our secure provider website. Outcomes360 tools are available in English and Spanish, with versions for adults and children. When creating treatment plans, adults may complete the Consumer Health Inventory (CHI), and caretakers of children may complete the Consumer Health Inventory-Child (CHI-C). The web-based versions offer real-time reports for both service recipients and providers, including graphs showing progress over time. There are paper versions when a computer is not available and a new fax-in form for the CHI and CHI-C.
Visit the Outcomes360 webpage for tools and resources. Questions? We are here to help and support you! Please contact us with any questions or concerns at Outcomes360AZ@MagellanHealth.com.
Online tools for providers
By signing in to the Magellan provider website with your secure username and password, you can view authorizations, check member eligibility and much more. You also can update your practice data so that Magellan can provide the most accurate information when making member referrals.
Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.
Word Viewer is required to view DOC files.